How to cook a perfect Tomahawk steak
A Tomahawk steak is an amazing cut of meat and best enjoyed rare to medium.
1. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides, push the seasoning into the meat and coat with a little oil (olive or groundnut is good).
2. Heat the pan until it is very hot. When the steak hits the pan there should be an instant sizzling sound.
3. Leave the steak 3-4 minutes per side. Do not touch it apart from turning it
4. Remove from pan and put in a pre heated oven at 170 degrees for 15 mins (medium rare)
5. Leave it to rest for at least 15 mins. This is key and allows the juices to spread evenly throughout the steak.